Having a cheque book is really important these days. With the help of a cheque book you can both withdraw money and even make payments. When you open a new account at SBI, you will be provided with a cheque book online form. In case, you have missed it by chance, there is no need for you to worry as you can always apply for it later.
If you are an SBI account holder and looking for the steps to request for a cheque book then you are in the right place. In this short guide, we will provide you the steps to apply for a cheque book both online and offline. As an SBI account holder, you can request a cheque book for your savings account.
Apply SBI Cheque Book Online
One of the main advantages of having an SBI account is that you can get most of your work done from their online portal. In this case, you can even apply for a cheque book from their website. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- At first, you need to log into their official website using your username and password.
- Now go to e-services where you will get to see a list of options.
- Click on the option cheque book.
- Now choose the options available for cheque book. For example, you can choose the number of leaves you need or the number of cheque books you want.
- After you have selected your necessary options, you can click on the submit button and get done with the application.
Thus, you can see how easy it is to apply for SBI cheque book online. In order to apply for a cheque book online, you need to have an internet banking facility.
Request SBI Cheque Book Offline Through SMS
If online is not your cup of tea, no worries because you can even request for your cheque book offline. Here is what you need to do.
- In case, you opt for the offline method, you need to visit the SBI branch where you have your account.
- After visiting the branch, you need to go to the accounts manager. You will be given a form that you need to fill-up carefully.
- Once you get done with the form, you need to submit it.
- You will receive a confirmation text on your registered mobile number.
- It will take up to a week for your cheque book to get delivered to you. It will be sent to your registered address.
You can also request SBI cheque book through SMS from your registered phone number.
You can find these steps helpful if you are applying for a cheque book for the first time. Now that you know what to do, hopefully, you won’t have any problem to get your cheque book. Every time you need a new cheque book, you need to follow the same steps. If you use cheque very often, it is better to order for a cheque book with more leaves.
If do not find this article helpful then, you can also contact to SBI customer care toll free number to get better help support.