Nowadays, it has become very important to have your mobile number registered with your bank account. In case, you are an old customer of SBI and don’t have your number registered with them, you should get it done at the earliest. This is important for so many reasons. Having your number registered means you can get an update on your transactions. For example, when you withdraw money from your ATM, you are immediately sent a text message on your phone number. In case, you haven’t made the transaction, you can take the necessary steps immediately. Other than that, it also has many other advantages. You can receive important messages from the bank right on your phone.
For the ones who have internet banking, you must have your number registered with the bank. In order to make a transaction through internet banking, you need to provide the OTP. The OTP is sent to your mobile number. In case, you have changed your mobile number and haven’t updated it, you should do it now in order to enjoy the benefits.
Steps to change mobile number in SBI @onlinesbi.com
If you wish to register your number or change it, you can easily do it online through internet banking. Almost every bank customer these days have the internet banking facility to avail. In case, you don’t then you have to visit the bank in order to update your number. The steps to change your mobile number through internet banking are as follows.
- At first, you need to visit the official SBI website i.e. www.onlinesbi.com.
- Log into your account using your username and password.
- Once logged in, go to my account and profile and then choose the profile option.
- Under the profile option, select personal details/mobile number.
- You are required to enter your password once again. Your name, mobile number and email ID will be shown on the screen.
- Now click on the options change mobile number-domestic only.
- A new page will open where you will get to see your personal details- mobile number update. You will get three options – create request, cancel request and status
- Click on the option create request and then enter your new mobile number. You need to re-enter your mobile number and then click on submit.
- A pop-up message will appear on your screen where you need to verify and confirm your new mobile number. Once done hit the OK button.
- Now you will be given three options to approve the change of your mobile number. The options are OTP on both mobile numbers, approval through contact center and internet banking request approval through ATM.
- After you have selected the option, choose the account for which you own the debit card and then hit the proceed button.
- Now select the active card and click on proceed.
- Enter the details asked and click on submit.
- Now verify the information and then select pay.
Now that you know the steps to change your mobile number in SBI, hopefully, you won’t have any problems while completing the process.